As mentioned in my note 2 weeks ago, I was in holidays and skipped last week note.
It has been a really good thing, a relief, to be out of the screen for a couple of days, I recommend!

So I'm now back to work in my paid job, and working again on SàT on my free time. We are already in the middle of June, and the release is still not done; it's time for the home straight. As you can see if you follow progress notes, I'm working regularly, and moving forward each week, but there is so much to do. Anyway things are getting better now, the new website is online with documentation, the tickets system is working even if still buggy (it's getting better with time), and I start to have feedbacks, meaning that people are testing.

During my holidays I've got a report on ActivityPub about an issue with <link> elements, followed by a bug report. With those informations, I could spot the issue and fix it (it was a problem with caching, the data used in template were not deeply copied, and the list containing links was reused and growing each time the page was accessed). Thanks to Rydroid for reporting the issue.

When you test and see something wrong, the right thing to do is to contact me, and if possible report a bug on https://bugs.goffi.org. If it's easier for you, you can contact me by other means, but the ticket creation is the better way to be sure it's not forgotten.

I've finished and deployed the pubsub experimental option I have talked about in a previous note. I've called it consistent publisher and the goal is to keep original publisher if a node owner or an admin modify an item. The main reason is to maintain permission to edit the ticket for the original publisher, and thanks to that I can now change status of a ticket without replacing publisher.

Overwriting an item is not yet ideal in pubsub: either you follow XEP-0060 and any publisher can overwrite any other publisher item (not great in case of tickets or blog comments), or you restrict overwriting to your own published items but you need to do a workaround like this. I have ideas on how to improve the situation with node options and I'll probably propose a XEP at some point after SàT release.

As you know, I'm focusing on debugging, and I've spotted a couple of annoying bugs that I'll fix in the incoming week. My target is a release before the end of June. I have started work on packaging Cagou for desktop with Flatpak, so it should be easy to install and test on most GNU/Linux distributions, I'll probably talk about that in next week note.